Not sure whether it’s okay to cook with butter? What about coconut oil? Should you be using flax oil or sunflower oil instead? This free resource on fats and oils can help!
Download this two-page primer, which describes a range of fats/oils and the best ways to use them.
The PDF includes useful information about the following fats and oils:
- Butter and ghee
- Coconut oil and coconut butter
- Animal fats like duck, goose, chicken fat, lard and beef tallow
- Nut oils like macadamia, walnut, hazelnut, etc.
- Olive oil
- Safflower, sunflower, grapeseed and peanut
- Seed oils like flax, hemp, pumpkin, sesame, etc.
- Vegetable and certain bean/seed oils like canola, soy, corn, cottonseed
Download it, print it and put it up in your kitchen so you have easy information about which fats and oils are best for the delicious meals you’re cooking up!